Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

many2one search context

By
Sri Ramadoss M
on 12/31/13, 11:42 PM 2,308 views

I want to modify the search method of a many2one field in OpenERP 7. I am setting up context values in view that has the field.

But the value isn't getting passed to the search method.

What is the solution? Is this a known issue? What are the other ways possible?

Atul Arvind

--Atul Arvind--
| 3 3 5
India
--Atul Arvind--

Hello, 

I am odoo Enthusiast/Consultant from Baroda, Gujarat, India. Working with odoo from v5 to v9 and other opensource technology since 4+ years. Having Strong Expertise in

Requirement gathering & Gap Analysis

Odoo Development

Odoo Customization

Odoo Training

Odoo Integration

Server Administration

Odoo Migration

Implementation

I am also active on StackOverflow.

or 

Atul Arvind
On 1/1/14, 2:55 PM

To modify the search method on the m2o field you can override the name_search method. eg.

def name_search(self, cr, user, name='', args=None, operator='ilike', context=None, limit=100):
    vals = (CLASSNAME, self).name_search(cr, user, name=name, args=args, operator=operator, context=context, limit=limit)
    #do your code
    return list # e.g[(id, 'name')]

by overriding the name_search method you can extend your search for m2o type field.

Or you can refer : https://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/developer/03_modules_2/#openerp.osv.orm.BaseModel.name_search

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/31/13, 11:42 PM
Seen: 2308 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM