Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

many2many field throws security error

on 3/18/15, 11:37 AM 447 views

Currently working on odoo7.

I have a user 'userX' who is member of the group 'salesreps'. This group has a domain to only show partners which are created by the group's user.

as userX:
Then I go to calendar (crm.meeting) and try to add an attendee (field partner_ids, many2many with res.partner as relation) I get an access error (Access Denied on res.partner).

The error is thrown because the field tries to read from all partners, but userX only has access to his own partners.

How can I make the field partner_ids only show the partners which are readable by userX?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/18/15, 11:37 AM
Seen: 447 times
Last updated: 3/18/15, 11:46 AM