Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Many2many field in a calendar view : can I display names instead of ids ?

on 6/6/16, 5:09 PM 146 views

I have a calendar view that display 2 fields : a Many2one (user_id) and a Many2many (product_ids). 

<!-- reservation calendar view -->                                                          
        <record model="ir.ui.view" id="reservation_calendar_view">                              
            <field name="name">reservation.calendar</field>                                     
            <field name="model">hoc.reservation</field>                                         
            <field name="arch" type="xml">                                                      
                    <calendar string="Reservation Calendar"                                     
                            display="[product_ids] - [user_id]">                                
                            <!--<field name="group_product_ids"/>-->                            
                            <field name="user_id"/>                                             
                            <field name="product_ids" />                                        

By default, the many2many field display the ids of the records. Can i display the names ? I have to use a widget for this  ?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/6/16, 5:09 PM
Seen: 146 times
Last updated: 6/6/16, 10:31 PM