Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Manufacturing to delivery, how are scheduled MRP operations?

By
Phil74
on 2/12/13, 3:57 PM 1,349 views

I am currently running OpenERP 6.1.

I sell product A that gets manufactured from say 2 different parts for the illustration.

I understand that product A gets manufactured from the date order moment, based on the manufacturing lead time. The 2 added together then give me my estimated delivery time. So if I confirm a sale order on the 11th of Feb and I have a manufacturing lead time of 3 days for the part that takes the longest to get, assuming I have no delivery lead time, I should then have an expected manufactured product on the 14th of Feb and by extension assume that the product can be delivered on the same day.

This is what I call Manufacturing from order.

What now if I want to deliver my product A to a customer on the 15 of May, knowing that the part that takes the longest to get is 3 days but it can vary, and that I would therefore like to start manufacturing 3 days before the expected delivery date?

The reason is I don't want to stock these manufactured products in my warehouse all that time and the delivery must not happen before the expected delivery date. How do I handle this in OpenERP?

What I need is what I call Manufacturing to delivery, which is subtly different from Manufacturing from order.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 2/13/13, 6:07 AM

Actually, the OpenERP scheduler does exactly what you need "Manufacturing to delivery".

Here is the link to the documentation of the scheduling:

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/12/13, 3:57 PM
Seen: 1349 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM