This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I need some advice in how to deal with units in the manufacturing process. I have the following situation:

We are manufacturing an product from sheet material. Depending on the amount of the product needed, we buy sheets in different dimensions (in mm).  The unit we are selling (and manufacturing) the product is "pieces", but we are purchasing the pre-product in length/width.

Depending on the dimensions of the pre-product we manufacture different quantities of the product.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Sorry, but that does not apply to my situation. We are cutting parts out of sheet material - let's say there are three different items: a star, a square and a circle. All three have different dimensions and are made out of the same material. We buy the material in sheets (length x width)  and we sell the items in pieces. Out of one sheet we can make 3 stars or 4 squares or 5 circles . How do I deal with this in the  units?

We are always producing one complete sheet, even if there is only one piece needed.

Discard
Best Answer

Probably you can use Kit type BoM, where Final product in Piece(e.g. Locker) and for that you need raw material Sheet. So, you can manufacture Locker but purchase raw material(sheet which is in any UoM).

Discard