Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Manufacturing order to Disassemble?

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 3/13/13, 3:43 PM 3,243 views

How can I have a manufacturing order to disassemble?

I create a BOM for 2 different products. We disassemble one product. Put it's components into inventory. Then we assemble the second product using whatever's in inventory. Sometimes, it's the other way around.

Akhil P Sivan

--Akhil P Sivan--
| 5 3 6
Kochi, India
--Akhil P Sivan--

Interested in exploring Odoo both technically & functionality wise.

email-id : akhilpsivan01@gmail.com

Akhil P Sivan
On 1/7/15, 1:41 PM

Yes its possible through a custom dismantle module, to get back the raw materials from product A into the stock and use them to produce product B. You need to do the reverse of manufacturing process. We have the custom solution for both odoo 8 and 7. Feel free to contact us regarding any queries: akhil.p.sivan007@gmail.com, baijuks@hotmail.com

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 3/13/13, 3:48 PM

You need to install mrp_byproduct module. This enables producing multiple products from one production order.

I would think you would have to define a BOM for the assembled product being turned into the component parts. You would also need to have at least one of the assembled products in inventory, to disassemble.

This won't work because there is no step to subtract from inventory the assembly. It will produce the components but won't disappear the assembly. Plus, I can't get it to work so I suspect that the system balks at an empty BOM, empty except for the byproducts tab.

Gilles Lehoux
on 3/13/13, 4:12 PM

The 'assembly' is the 'product to be consumed' and is taken out of inventory when the MO is started.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/22/15, 6:37 PM

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 3/13/13, 4:10 PM

Did you tried a negative quantity in your manufacturing order?

Error message: Qantity cannot be zero or negative.

Gilles Lehoux
on 3/13/13, 4:21 PM

@Gilles Lehoux, you have to manage code, and allow negative values in qty and other code related to movies then it will works....Please try let me know if you facing issues

test
on 3/26/13, 11:01 AM

@Gilles Lehoux, you have to manage code, and allow negative values in qty and other code related to movies then it will works....Please try let me know if you facing issues.

test
on 3/26/13, 11:02 AM

Gilles Lehoux

--Gilles Lehoux--
| 5 4 7
St-Eustache, Canada
--Gilles Lehoux--

Gilles Lehoux
On 3/13/13, 3:45 PM

There is an old (v5) module to do this but I don't see this functionality integrated into v7.

mrp_disassemble http://v6apps.openerp.com/addon/5830

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/13, 3:43 PM
Seen: 3243 times
Last updated: 8/21/15, 1:35 AM