This question has been flagged
4 Replies

How can I have a manufacturing order to disassemble?

I create a BOM for 2 different products. We disassemble one product. Put it's components into inventory. Then we assemble the second product using whatever's in inventory. Sometimes, it's the other way around.

Discard
Best Answer

Yes its possible through a custom dismantle module, to get back the raw materials from product A into the stock and use them to produce product B. You need to do the reverse of manufacturing process. We have the custom solution for both odoo 8 and 7. Feel free to contact us regarding any queries: akhil.p.sivan007@gmail.com, baijuks@hotmail.com

Discard
Best Answer

You need to install mrp_byproduct module. This enables producing multiple products from one production order.

I would think you would have to define a BOM for the assembled product being turned into the component parts. You would also need to have at least one of the assembled products in inventory, to disassemble.

Discard
Author

This won't work because there is no step to subtract from inventory the assembly. It will produce the components but won't disappear the assembly. Plus, I can't get it to work so I suspect that the system balks at an empty BOM, empty except for the byproducts tab.

The 'assembly' is the 'product to be consumed' and is taken out of inventory when the MO is started.

Author Best Answer

There is an old (v5) module to do this but I don't see this functionality integrated into v7.

mrp_disassemble http://v6apps.openerp.com/addon/5830

Discard
Best Answer

Did you tried a negative quantity in your manufacturing order?

Discard
Author

Error message: Qantity cannot be zero or negative.

@Gilles Lehoux, you have to manage code, and allow negative values in qty and other code related to movies then it will works....Please try let me know if you facing issues

@Gilles Lehoux, you have to manage code, and allow negative values in qty and other code related to movies then it will works....Please try let me know if you facing issues.