This question has been flagged

I'm still working away at figuring out the manufacturing parts of OpenERP v7 and I've come across something that doesn't really make any sense to me.

I create a Bill of Materials that includes 148 Wagos.

I have 145 in stock, the Wago product record is set as stock item and make to stock, there are no orderpoints defined for it.

As I'd expect, the picking slip shows that I'm waiting on availability which is what I would expect.

Because 145 is enough to at least start the job, I consume the 145 I have to production. When I look at the MO Consumed Products page, I see that I have 145 in consumed products and 3 in Products to consume. Again, what I would expect.

When I look at the Picking List, it shows that I've issued 148 Wagos, When I look at the inventory page of the product record for Wagos, it shows quantity on hand as -3.

That must be wrong, I consumed 145 and have 3 still to be consumed. How can consuming 145 result in my stock being reduced by 148 ?

Is there any way to get a picking list which has an accurate count of what shortages there are ?

If I have 145 in stock and need 148 then surely the picking list should have on it 145 Wagos in the assigned section and 3 in the non assigned section ? At the moment it shows I'm waiting for 148, not 3 which is ridiculous.

Am I looking at this in the wrong way or is it really as screwed up as I've described above ?

Discard

Do you have 'Picking before Manufacturing' turned on or off ?

Author

It's off and module isn't installed for that