Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Manufacturing order not created because of different location in warehouse.

By
Yudi
on 9/11/15, 2:20 AM 681 views

I have product (raw materials) Raw1,Raw2 (can be purchased only with same vendor for each of them) and Goods1 (finished good) as can be sold only. Then I have Raw3 with manufacture (both can be sold nor can be purchased is off, not checked)

Raw3 has BOM of Raw1+Raw2

Goods1 has BOM of Raw3

All product are stockable and all Raw material has re-order rule (min 10, Max 100) and location in warehouse called "Raw Material"

as for Goods1, I have re-order rule of (min 10, max 100) but location is different is called "Inventory"

Both Inventory and Raw Materials are : Physical location with the same parents which is WH 

Then from Warehouse menu -> Compute Stocks Minimum Rules Only, I get:

Procurements:

Raw 1 & Raw 2 which then also has corresponding Request for Quotation (RFQ)

Raw 3 which then also has corresponding Manufacturing Order

Goods1 procurement has exception that says "No rule matching this procurement" 

Now if I change the "RE-ORDERING" rule for Goods1 to have location of "Raw Material" just like the other product (Raw1, Raw2, Raw3) then when I run   Compute Stocks Minimum Rules Only, I do get procurement for Goods1 with corresponding Manufacturing Order (meaning no exception).

What am I missing here guys, please help.

Thanks much

Can you edit your question and provide information about your location structure? Where are "Inventory" and "Raw Materials" in relation to each other and to the warehouse?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 9/11/15, 10:08 PM

I just edited the Warehouse information which both are Physical Location with the same parent which is WH. Also I notice now that if I add procurement rule under Warehouse menu, to enable manufacture in Inventory location, it generates manufacturing order but can never run it because the products needed are all in Raw materials location. What I did then is go to warehouse stock moves, then I see the moves generated for the following MO but the source location is "Inventory" if I change the source location to "Raw Materials" location then the MO can be run... That's a work around for my case but still would like to have those generated with the proper location of all Raw1,2,3 having the source of Raw material location and have the Goods1 finished manufactured be put in Inventory location. Anybody can point me to right direction? Thanks much in advance.

Yudi
on 9/15/15, 2:03 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/11/15, 2:20 AM
Seen: 681 times
Last updated: 9/15/15, 2:03 AM