This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello!

What are the steps to reach the goal: I want to produce my own product. I need for this 5 other parts from different Supplier.

I want to produce 50 pieces. OpenErp should prepare an order for this supplier and after finished the 50 products should be able to sell. The parts of my product are not for sale!

There should always minimum 10 pieces of my product in stock. If lees, a New manufactor job should Start OR should remeber me.

How can I made this?

Thx

Discard
Best Answer

Ok, here in brief how I achieve this. It is standard available in OpenERP.

Step1: Configure your 5 Parts (Products), these are products configured as type Stockable, procurement is set to "Make to order" and supply method is set to "Buy"

Step2: Make sure that these 5 parts have a supplier rule defined, and disable the selection "Can be sold"

Step3: Make your production product which you want to produce, set it to type Stockable, procurement is set to "Make to stock" and supply method is set to "Manufacture".

Step4: Set a minimum and maximum stock on your production product to 50

Step5: Setup your Bill of Material (BOM). Link it to the product you wish to produce

Step6: Add all 5 parts to your Newly Created BOM

Step7: Goto Warehouse - Scheduler, and click Run Schedulers. Enable the "Automatic orderpoint" selection and proceed

Result1: In your manufacturing order you'll find an order to produce 50 pieces of your production product. Waiting for availability. So you can't start production yet.

Result2: In your purchases - quotqtions you'll find requests for quotes to your default suppliers for all of these 5 products. These should be confirmed and send to your suppliers as an order.

Result3: When your products arrive in your warehouse, the production orders will be set to ready to produce whenever sufficient stock became available.

Remark. When you sell 1 production production product, the scheduler will make a second production order, and purchase quotations because your minimum stock drops below 50. That is why I mostly set the parts also to the procurement type of "Make to stock" and make sure I always have enough stock available to produce if there is an sales order of that product. But it all depends on the value of your parts of course. In some cases it advisable to buy parts not to quickly.

Discard
Author

Hello! Thanks a lot! But what die you mean with supplier rule? May you can explain? Thx.

Have a look in your product details. For your parts products look in the procurement tab. At the bottom you have the possibility to add a supplier.This is where you define where to buy the product. If you have multiple suppliers, the one which is defined in the first position is chosen by the planner to create a purchase request quote.

Author

Ah, got it. Thanks

Author Best Answer

I have some questions about this case: Situation: Products M: 351 in Stock Products A and B: 0 in stock

A and B are the parts to build M.

1. I made a quotation of 1000 pieces of M.
  2. Get a warning that only 351 are available. OK
  3. Continue and confirm the Quotation
  4. At Warehouse i choose Schedular and check the Option "Automatic orderpoint"
  5. At Manufactoring I Have now 2 manufactoring orders. 950 and 50 pieces

6. Question here: why 2? Why not one with 1000 pieces? The source are at the 950 pieces SCHEDULER andat the 50 pieces OP/00001

7. Question: When I open a manufactoring order, I able to force the reservation and can complete the product. But I habe NO product in stock from product A and B. After the Produktion, A and B has -950 pieces in stock. I want not to produce products, without having the parts.

But without "force reservation" I geht no purchase order for A and B.

Thank you!

Discard

My Guess is that you have configured product M as a product type "Stockable" = OK and Procurement Method set to "Make to order" instead of "Make to stock". This means OpenERP will try to produce them instead of getting it out of stock. Also have a look in Procurement Exceptions in warehouse, my second guess is that you'll have errors there. You got two lines, one for the 50 for minimum stock, one to complete your order. Minimum stock will also work for "make to order" products, something i don't like in OpenERP :)