Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Is there any way to keep 2 references for a single product?
The use case is like this:
1. A company have managed product numbers to identify products.
2. At some point of time, that company changed the numbering system.
3. However, still many customers request quotation based on the old numbers.
4. Internally the company manages product inventory, purchase, etc. based on new numbers.
5. So we need to keep old and new numbers as references for product at the same time.
If it is supported out of the box by Odoo, can you provide instruction on how to?
If it's not, then how much effor would be needed and can you provide a overall explanation on how to implement it?
Thanks in advance.
Try these steps
1. Add a new field 'old_code' or something.
2. Change name_get and name_search function of product.product with old_code also.
3. Show field in TREE view of products
4. Modify search view for product name.
<record model="ir.ui.view" id="product_product_search_form_view_inherit">
<field name="inherit_id" ref="product.product_search_form_view" />
<field name="arch" type="xml">
<field name="name" position="replace">
<field name="name" string="Product"
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 12/9/14, 1:37 AM|
|Seen: 517 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|