Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Malaysia COA ? Question to openerp .

By
JC
on 10/17/13, 7:56 AM 2,425 views

I can find COA for other countries but not for Malaysia, why? I saw there are Openerp ready partners in Malaysia that means these companies must have implemented openerp for their client in Malaysia, are they using other country COA eg from UK/US or these ready partner just don't share their work?

JC

--JC--
| 5 1 8
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
--JC--

JC
On 8/17/14, 12:59 AM

For Malaysia please use Australia or UK COA. 

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 10/18/13, 12:28 AM

There are several possible reasons:

• They became partners recently and haven't implemented OpenERP yet.
  • They have implemented OpenERP but not the accounting module.
  • They resell OpenERP out of the box as well as functional consulting services and exclusively work with standard modules.
  • They didn't share their work or didn't make a merge proposal.
  • They use the COA template of another country as a starting point because it is close enough to what they need.

Feel free to contribute by copying the COA of another country and adapting it to Malaysia. Then, send a merge proposal to OpenERP and we will include it.

I think most likely they are not sharing for some reason. OK, where can I find more details or example of COA setup step by step instruction + which country COA template is the most ideal setup to be used as the base. Frankly, I did not expect the Business DEV Director is answering my question. Thanks a lot.

JC
on 10/18/13, 1:26 AM

You can look into the Belgian COA (or any localization present in the certified modules): http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/7.0/files/head:/l10n_be/

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 10/18/13, 1:49 AM

I spoke to an accountant, he suggested to use UK COA. there is not specification from the government.

JC
on 12/22/13, 1:10 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/17/13, 7:56 AM
Seen: 2425 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM