Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Make website menuitem private or restrict acces to registred users only

By
Bole
on 1/12/15, 10:03 AM 1,396 views

I want to make a menuitem on website visible / accesible only for some users (groups)...
(example: help forum intended only for internal usage not for general public to see)

How can i achieve that ? 
Where do i put groups tag ? 

Cate
On 11/29/16, 4:54 AM

You can use the current functionality of Odoo without changing/adding access rights to Website. The Website module is for using as a public interface. Menu items are removed and added depending on what you require for the public to view. Even if you remove a menu item from the Website the functionality will still be available for users. For example, Blogs Post are accessed in the Knowledge module. Forum and Calendar Events will be found under Messaging.

Anand
On 1/14/15, 2:47 AM

in menu item like 

<menuitem id="menu_employee_contract" action="action_employee_contract" parent="menu_hr" groups="group_hr_mngr,group_hr_ofcr"/>

ok, i know that.. what i ment is private website menu... for backend i know how to do it..

Bole
on 1/14/15, 2:49 AM

oh.. sorry.... but by default those wont be viewed for other users... i think we should bind group on qweb template...

Anand
on 1/14/15, 2:56 AM

i wonder if something like that will come out soon.. perhaps a module that enables special groups visibility on website or something like ...

Bole
on 1/14/15, 4:22 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/12/15, 10:03 AM
Seen: 1396 times
Last updated: 11/29/16, 4:54 AM