This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I want to make a menuitem on website visible / accesible only for some users (groups)...
(example: help forum intended only for internal usage not for general public to see)

How can i achieve that ? 
Where do i put groups tag ? 

Discard
Best Answer

Just add groups="website.group_website_publisher" attribute to the tags you want to hide from public users.

Discard
Best Answer

You can use the current functionality of Odoo without changing/adding access rights to Website. The Website module is for using as a public interface. Menu items are removed and added depending on what you require for the public to view. Even if you remove a menu item from the Website the functionality will still be available for users. For example, Blogs Post are accessed in the Knowledge module. Forum and Calendar Events will be found under Messaging.

Discard
Best Answer

in menu item like 

<menuitem id="menu_employee_contract" action="action_employee_contract" parent="menu_hr" groups="group_hr_mngr,group_hr_ofcr"/>

Discard
Author

ok, i know that.. what i ment is private website menu... for backend i know how to do it..

oh.. sorry.... but by default those wont be viewed for other users... i think we should bind group on qweb template...

Author

i wonder if something like that will come out soon.. perhaps a module that enables special groups visibility on website or something like ...