Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Make to Order with different procurement units

By
Paul Adams
on 2/27/15, 2:40 PM 611 views

I am evaluating Odoo (v8.0.6) and I'm having an issue with the procurement/manufacturing flow.

We have quite a lot of components that have to be bought in quantites other than the quantities needed to manufacture the end product, for example:

• ASS-01 has BOM ASS-02 qty 4
  • ASS-02 has BOM COM-001 qty 1, COM-002 qty 1, C0OM-03 qty 1
  • ASS-01 has Manufacture and Make to Order ticked
  • ASS-02 has Manufacture and Make to Order ticked
  • COM-001, COM-002 and COM-003 has Buy and Make to Order ticked

This creates manufacturing jobs for ASS-01 and ASS-02 when a sales order is received, and generates a PO for COM-001, COM-002 and COM-003

The problem is that COM-001 has to be bought in a box of 6. I configured the purchase unit appropriately, which creates a stock level of 5. When the second sales order is received, it generates a new PO for COM-001, even though there are 5 in stock. If you untick Make to Order on COM-001 then no purchase order is generated when the stock level reaches 0. COM-001 is on a short lead time, but is expensive, so Make to Order is what we do now, but in this scenario, the stock level just keeps going up and up.

I'm sure I must be missing something, as it seems a completely obvious way to work. Is there some way it can be configured to only generate a PO when there is not enough stock to fulfil a manufacturing job?

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 2/27/15, 4:24 PM

Try to use a trick, pseudo MTO (Make To Order) - see this question and my answer.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/27/15, 2:40 PM
Seen: 611 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM