This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

I have configured my incoming mail server in odoo, I want to redirect my incoming mails into message box, how I can do that please ?

Thank you

Discard

"Incoming mail server" is not a question. I have changed your question. Please try to adhere to the suggested usage guidelines.

Best Answer

Hello,

In order to do that,

1) Open the user and add the alias.

2) Configure same email as that user's alias under the incoming mail server.

( Please confirm that Alias + Domain in User's settings must be same as Incoming mail server. )

In case if you are not able to see the Messaging Alias field in user screen's Preferences TAB, do as follow,

1) Go to Settings >> Configuration >> General Settings.

2) Please find "Alias Domain" and set it. For example gmail.com

3) Go to user and open any user & go to "Preference" tab.

4) You will find "Messaging Alias" field. Please add just user name over there because domain name is already define as per step 2.

By Doing above settings when you fetch mails from Incoming mail server, emails will be redirected to your Messaging Inbox.

Hope this helps,

Discard
Author

Hello, thank you for your reply, I didn't find Alias in user settings !!

1) Go to Settings >> Configuration >> General Settings. 2) Please find "Alias Domain" and set it. For example gmail.com 3) Go to user and open any user & go to "Preference" tab. 4) You will find "Messaging Alias" field. Please add just user name over there because domain name is already define as per step 2. Let me know still you are facing problems.

Thank you, I followed your step but the "Messaging Alia" field doesn't exist in the "Preference" tab.

2014-10-15 17:23 GMT+01:00 Hiren Vora, Emipro Technologies <info-emiprotechnologies-com@mail.odoo.com>:

1) Go to Settings >> Configuration >> General Settings. 2) Please find "Alias Domain" and set it. For example gmail.com 3) Go to user and open any user & go to "Preference" tab. 4) You will find "Messaging Alias" field. Please add just user name over there because domain name is already define as per step 2. Let me know still you are facing problems.

Hiren Vora,
Sr. OpenERP Technical Engineer,
Emipro Technologies, India.
www.emiprotechnologies.com
info@emiprotechnologies.com

Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post False

Author

Thank you, I followed your steps but the "Messaging Alia" field doesn't exist in the "Preference" tab.

Author

Thank you, I can see now "Messaging Alia" field. Could you please explain more this step "2) Configure same email as that user's alias under the incoming mail server."

Author

thank you so much, it's working now :)

Author Best Answer

Please I got another error, when I try to send an email from gmail to the incoming mail server:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

mayemail@maildomain.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
[(0) maildomain​.com. [myserverIP]:25: socket error]

Discard