Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Mail delivery to a customer failed

By
Surendar
on 11/1/14, 7:17 AM 1,193 views

Hi

When I click on send by email button in sales order window, the mail is not sending to the corresponding customer. It fails always. Can anyone suggest me what will be the reason for this?.

Is the outgoing mail configured properly?

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
on 11/3/14, 5:52 AM

Yes it is configured properly ..

Surendar
on 11/5/14, 3:38 AM

Plz specify the error you got...so that it would be help to solve your issue

Rajiv
on 11/5/14, 5:16 AM

the sent mail is shown under settings-->Technical-->Email-->Emails. Its status is shown as delivery failed. the error is MailDeliveryException: (u'Mail Delivery Failed', u"Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'localhost'.\nerror: 111\nConnection refused")

Surendar
on 11/5/14, 8:56 AM

The error is exactly telling you what is wrong, you have an error in your configuration for the SMTP server. This could be a wrong email, password, port, ...

Yenthe
on 11/5/14, 11:32 AM

i have given everything correct now.. server, email , password, port.. but while testing the connection it shows as connection timed out

Surendar
on 11/7/14, 12:04 AM
Abdul Qavi
On 11/3/14, 6:01 AM

Go to Settings -> Technical -> Email -> Outgoing Mail Servers, and see if you've right configurations set.

florent
On 11/5/14, 9:20 AM

your user alias is the same as your Outgoing Mail name?

yes same only

Surendar
on 11/6/14, 4:00 AM

Odoo

--Odoo --
| 5 2 5
kerala, India
--Odoo --

Working as a Odoo Functional and Technical Expert

Odoo
On 11/5/14, 11:41 AM

please refer below link

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-configure-email-gateway-282

yes I configured the same as told in the link .. but while testing the connection it shows as "connection timed out"

Surendar
on 11/6/14, 8:51 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/1/14, 7:17 AM
Seen: 1193 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM