Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

lost address on report after modifying with openoffice report designer

on 7/14/13, 10:05 PM 1,323 views

I modified both the delivery order and the delivery slip reports with openoffice report designer adding the customer reference field. It worked perfectly on the delivery order but when I loaded the delivery slip to the server, I ran the report and there is no address's showing any longer. The fields are still in the report they are just staying blank. figuring it is something easy. any ideas on how to get the address's back? Of course I didn't keep the original report file. Thanks.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 7/14/13, 10:47 PM

After you have edited the report the first time in OpenOffice it will be stored in database table ir_act_report_xml in fields:

• report_rml_content_data (RML) and
  • report_sxw_content_data (SXW)

If you remove the contents of these fields, OpenERP will go back to generating the report from the RML file - like it did before customization.

To do this, run something like the following SQL statements:

SELECT id FROM ir_act_report_xml WHERE model = 'stock.picking';

(Remember the ID related to the report you changed)

update ir_act_report_xml SET report_rml_content_data = NULL WHERE id = your_id;

Thanks for this Information. Good to know I can get back the original reports. Any idea why the addresses went away on 2 of the three reports? Delivery order stayed fine and Delivery slip and Invoice lost the address? Thanks

on 7/15/13, 10:57 AM

Thank you for the answer.It was very worthy.

on 10/29/14, 11:41 PM
Luis Tobar
On 7/20/13, 6:00 PM

run your openerp with debug options, sometime the rml files have a minimal mistakes (warnings) and the field isnt printed.

./openrerp-server --log-level=debug_rpc

On 11/28/13, 5:05 AM

I had the same issue. I think its the Openerp Version. Version 7.0-20131002-231025 has no problem. To solve the problem, I just copied the the addresses from my working version and the addresses are back!! I have pasted them below. Remember that for V.0, the delivery report is the same as internal move report ( so any change will also affect the later report). Later versions don't have these issue.

Supplier Address : [[ (picking.type == 'in' or removeParentNode('para')) and '' ]] Customer Address : [[ (picking.type == 'out' or removeParentNode('para')) and '' ]] Warehouse Address : [[ (picking.type == 'internal' or removeParentNode('para')) and '' ]] [[ (picking.partner_id and picking.partner_id.id and picking.partner_id.title.name) or '' ]] [[ picking.partner_id and picking.partner_id.id and picking.partner_id.name ]] [[ picking.partner_id and display_address(picking.partner_id) ]] [[ picking.partner_id.phone or picking.partner_id.email or removeParentNode('para')]]

Contact Address : [[ picking.partner_id and picking.partner_id.title.name or '' ]] [[ picking.partner_id and picking.partner_id.name or '' ]] [[ picking.partner_id and display_address(picking.partner_id) ]] [[ picking.partner_id.phone or picking.partner_id.email or removeParentNode('para') ]]

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 7/14/13, 10:05 PM
Seen: 1323 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM