Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Lost ability to print invoices

By
Chris Dennis
on 5/20/13, 10:31 AM 2,252 views

There used to be a button on a completed invoice for printing it (or was it in the More menu?). Now that's disappeared, and I'm left with no way to print an invoice.

I've recently been experimenting with changes to account_print_invoice.rml, and that was working OK. Then I tried installing the webkit engine and associated modules -- I couldn't get that to work, so I uninstalled those modules again. But I still can't print the invoices.

Any suggestions for how to fix this?

I'm running OpenERP 7.0-20130111-002202 on 64-bit Linux.

Try to check in other database maybe there you can get invoice print button.

Keyur
on 5/20/13, 10:53 AM

Yes, the Print button is there in my test database, but not in the production database. Which is interesting, but not helpful!

Chris Dennis
on 5/20/13, 1:29 PM

I run into the same problem after installing report_webkit and invoice_webkit and Openerp v7. The print invoice button disappears for paid invoices.

I managed to solve the problem by adding a button into the view for those states where the print button disappears.

Try this:

- Go to Admin --> UI --> Views (Enable first technical features) and search for "account.invoice.form" view.

- Edit the view and add the below code before closing the header tag </header>

<button name="invoice_print" string="Print" type="object" attrs="{'invisible':['|', ('state', '=', 'open'), ('state', '=', 'draft')]}" groups="base.group_user"/>

Hope this can fix it.

For the Print link in the dropdown I've tried to go to Admin --> Actions --> Reports --> Invoices report and try to re-generate the print button, but it doesn't work.

Chris Dennis
On 5/20/13, 1:55 PM

Keyur's comment did give me a clue where to look though.

In Settings / Technical / Actions / Reports the account.invoice object still had a report type of 'webkit'. I set it back to 'pdf' and set the other fields to be the same as in the test database. After restarting the server, the Print button is back!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/20/13, 10:31 AM
Seen: 2252 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM