Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Location structure shows all inventory in v7

By
Sean Samborski
on 12/21/13, 6:57 PM 1,754 views

The physical locations architecture is very confusing. I have a multi-company scenario with several warehouses across the US. All companies share the same warehouses so I have assigned the warehouses as the parent company.

Structure is:

Warehouse A -> Physical Location Warehouse A -> QC -> Stock Warehouse B - > Physical Location Warehouse B -> QC -> Stock

Now it seems with the documentation, I need the warehouse to actually be the company instead of an actual warehouse and the doc describes the actual warehouses as physical locations. As in:

Company -> Physical Location Container -> Physical Location Warehouse A -> QC -> Stock Company -> Physical Location Container -> Physical Location Warehouse B -> QC -> Stock

If this is the case, I would be creating a warehouse under Warehouse -> Configuration -> Warehouses to be the Company. If this is the case, this menu item needs to be altered not to be so confusing. I've already created both Warehouse A and Warehouse B and can no longer delete them because of integrity errors. I should only have one Company location here and thus it isn't actually a warehouse at all, it's a container for warehouses.

The doc is also confusing because it says:

To do this in OpenERP, you would create a third warehouse ‘France’ which consolidates the warehouses in Paris and Bordeaux.

Followed by:

You create the following physical locations:
- Company
- - Output
- - Warehouses France
- - - Warehouse Paris
- - - Warehouse Bordeaux

So am I creating a third warehouse? Or a physical location? One is under Warehouses and one is under Locations and they are very different things. This needs serious clarification, as well as screenshots instead of just a formatted list.

Now, after creating all of my locations, I would like to view the stock associated with each location. When viewing the results of Location Structure -> Location -> View Current Inventory is shows ALL inventory instead of the current inventory in that location. I expect selecting the parent location, it shows all inventory in that parent and it's children. Selecting the child location should return only inventory in that child as in:

Select Parent = Child A Inventory + Child B Inventory + Child C Inventory Select Child A = Child A Inventory !Child B Inventory !Child C Inventory

Currently, it returns all inventory instead of just the selected location.

In summary, how do I create the location structure I need to show me inventory at each location and at each location child? Once I have created this structure, how to I view inventory from each location? As a bonus, if you can tell me how to delete the unnecessary locations I've already added and bypass the integrity error that would be excellent.

ADDITIONAL NOTES: It appears the locations are showing the total products for all locations. However, it is changing the Quantity available column to show the current count in that location. The problem is that it's very confusing for 5000+ products. You can't even sort based on Quantity Available because that is calculated on load instead of in the DB. So the list view is pretty unusable because you have all products listed and cannot see exactly what you have in each location and that's it. I need this to show just the serials that are in those locations and not every serial.

[EDIT: Any update on this?]

106 views and not a single attempt. We'll just hide this one away from the public since we don't actually have an answer.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 4/10/14, 6:31 AM

This works like a charm! Do you have any third-party addon? Do you have the last revision?

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 5/26/14, 12:16 PM

@Grover What do you mean it works like a charm? I see all inventory with 0 stock. Is this what you mean? I want it to remove all items from the inventory list when there is no inventory in that location.

on 5/26/14, 12:37 PM

Ok, if you want to see only the items that are available, you'll need to create a custom addon to do that. Location Structure takes ALL the products, like any tree of Products, but changing the location to check the actual inventory. So if your product has 0, then it's going to display 0. If you want something better you need to download a community addon or create your custom addon

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 5/26/14, 12:47 PM

Ok. Is there an app for this already?

on 5/26/14, 12:50 PM
Nigel
On 5/26/14, 12:51 PM

Should you not only have one Physical Warehouse per Physical location and then link back from the other locations through a Virtual or Partner Warehouse?

When the company initiates an action to the Virtual Warehouse it should send the SO and associated doccuments (RFP, PO, etc) if required and configured. Alternatively you could use Partner Warehouse as well, but I suspect you may end up with your same current issue as the Partner Warehouse expectes to have remote inventory levels pushed to it or used in an undetermined stocklevel where purchases are made.

At least that is currently how I understand the way warehouses function.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/21/13, 6:57 PM
Seen: 1754 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM