This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I'm trying to import a large number of locations within a warehouse (stocking bins).  I first hand created a single entry and for the parent I selected OBR/Stock from the dropdown list of parent locations.

Using "OBR" or "OBR/Stock" in the excel spreadsheet yields the error "No matching record found for name 'OBR' in field 'Parent Location' at row 2" during validation.  Obviously some other identifier for the stocking location needs to be used but so far I haven't been able to guess what parameter to use.  Using the ID (as viewed form the warehouses metadata) doesn't work (value for OBR is 40).

How can I deterimine what value to place in the excel spreadsheet for this field? 

I have a similar problem with a custom field that refers to the Product Unit of Measure (the bin locations have a fixed capacity that we need to use)

I'm running Odoo10 community.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Ray,

Thank you for the help! I should have thought of exporting the handmade record first! I still got the errors on the next pass but I did finally resolve the parent stock location.

1) Always export and example record and example field value

2) Use the column headers from the example reord exactly.  The ability to match fields does not seem to work

3) very carefully examine the field values from the export in stage one and eliminate any trailing characters (such as spaces)

Discard
Best Answer

I held off as long as I could before responding to this. The question describes my situation to a T so I followed the steps that Steve gave after seeing Ray's answer.  Here are the details:

Parent Name: FB/Stock

Parent id: stock.stock_location_stock

Parent location_id: __export__.stock_location_11

I tried all of these in the parent location field of the csv and I always get the error "No matching record found for name"

Does anyone have any ideas?

Discard
Best Answer

Export the location OBR/Stock (just choose a single field like Location Name) and choose the value that is shown in the first column - "id".

It will be something like:

stock.stock_location_XX

__export__.stock_location_XX

Discard