This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I'm currently setting up a fresh version 8.0rc1 instance, but ran into a strange issue regarding the localization of the accounting module. At first everything seems to run smooth just like with version 7.0, but unfortunately all terms inside invoicing windows are displayed in English instead of German, even though the exported PO file looks good and contains the translation for the terms in question.

Just a simple example for the header "Draft invoice", while creating a new invoice.

#. module: account
#: view:account.invoice:0
msgid "Draft Invoice "
msgstr "Rechnungsentwurf "

All other relevant terms within the module (e.g. when creating bank statements) get translated correctly except of anything related to invoices (outgoing/incoming). I could live with a partly unlocalized form for invoices, but unfortunately I also seem to be unable to generate an invoice in German even though it's the customer's language.

Does anyone have a clue why a particular part of the locale may not work properly? It seems the translated terms are not fetched upon loading of the corresponding page within odoo. I can only guess that's leading to issues when generating a PDF invoice as well?!

Any help would be highly apprectiated as I can't see why those things should have stopped working with 8.0rc1...

Best regards,
Christian

Discard
Best Answer

Did you try to restart the server and after that loading in your translations? 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem as you described above...but only with one small difference.

In my case are only few terms still displayed in English instead of German even though the exported PO file contains everythig correct in German.

Can anybody help me, please ?

Discard