This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi, is it possible to open different objects/views from a tree view or just as the form is opening based on some condition. I was thinking that maybe overriding fields_view_get and calling the other form view from there based on the condition might help me, is that correct and possible? What would be the right direction for this

Discard
Best Answer

Hi.

You two solution: * fields_view_get + read: it is possible but it is not the OpenERP philosophy * create a new model without table. and in the method init and define a postgres view, example ./account_analytic_analysis/account_analytic_analysis.py

Discard
Author

i'm not very strong in the sql section and can't find the documentation on postgres view, can you please explain if possible, also can you please elaborate on the fields_view_get + read, sorry i am don't know much about these and can't find the proper documentation for these either

I think that you should use sql view, Because if you do you own field_view_get and read methods you will by pass the BaseModel class, it is the core of OpenERP. If really you need this look for in the magentoerpconnector of Akretion in 6.1, i think they did it.

Author

Thanks for the reply i donot say that i will not do it sql view way, i just want to know both ways, one might be better/faster or maybe only thing required in some case. Thanks for your help. I'll look up the magentoerpconnector