Odoo Help

List of Allowed Values in Fields

By
Denis Baldwin
on 3/14/14, 12:08 PM 820 views

Is there a list somewhere of the allowed values for fields in the inventory table? Some of them are obviously variable, such as NAME and DESCRIPTION. That said, others obviously require a certain format (such as message_ids/id and property_stock_procurement/id, etc.) Does anyone have a list of the proper formats and acceptable inputs for these fields?

Denis

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Atlanta, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0; Odoo 8.0, 9.0, 10.0.

Completed Odoo Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• User Needs and GAP Analysis;

• Functional and Technical Design;

• Prototyping and Proof of Concepts;

• Requirements Specifications;

• Agile Implementation;

• Data Migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and code);

• Integration - Odoo and non Odoo Applications and Services;

• Training and Knowledge Transfer;

• Go Live Support;

• Helpdesk;

• Version Upgrades and Migration.

• Accounting Expert.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

I am a skilled Communicator and I only take the serious things seriously!

Ray Carnes
On 3/14/14, 12:34 PM

The best way to understand how to import data is to export data.

Fill out a few lines and export it.

Also, check https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/28203

Update:

image description

Ray - Thanks for the link. That's actually how I got as far as I did, creating a product by hand in the admin and exporting it. The problem is, I'm not seeing where all the fields are in the admin to output the proper syntax with the export. For instance, right now, I keep getting the validation error "Missing required value for the field 'purchase_line_warn'. This might be 'Purchase Order Line' in the current model, or a field of the same name in an o2m. at row 3". when trying to import. This field is left blank in my export because I'm not sure where this is in the product page in the admin.

Denis Baldwin
on 3/14/14, 12:45 PM

See my update

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 3/14/14, 4:16 PM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/14/14, 12:08 PM
Seen: 820 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM