This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

Odoo allows to reflect the time declared within tasks, in timesheets as well (i.e. if I declare 2 hours on a task, it appears in the timesheet as well). This is fine.

Unfortunately, the reverse does not work : in the timesheet, I can not declare time on a specific task (no analytic account associated). This a a strange behavior and surprising as the timesheet module should allow to enter the time on the tasks.

-> How can I make this working in Odoo ?

There are nice plugins from camptocamp doing this nicely:

• Analytic Timesheet In Task (timesheet_task)
  • Task in time sheet (hr_timesheet_task)

But these are unfortunately  'community' contributions and thus not including in main trunck, with all associated disadavangtges (delays in getting updates, migration issues, etc...)

Many thanks

Franck

Discard
Author Best Answer

-> Answer to Koffi (not enough Karma to comment his post ...)

Hi, Thank you for the answer.

The reason why I need to do this is as follow: Filling time within the Project/task forms is cumbersome with many clicks and thus takes a lot of time without real added value from my perspective. In my case, we generally fill timesheets once a month and its easier and much faster to do it on the monthly timesheet view (Summary view of the timesheet form). Once this done, we can add details and make links to tasks whenever required (not all projects require the same level of information). Ideally, this is done in the 'Detail' view of the timesheet form. (This is what the camptocamp plugin allow to do)

As far as I undertsand it, Analytic accounts do not solve the issue. Here are the way my project are structured and the way I input them in odoo:

Level 1: Project, with overall budget plan -> I associate an analytic account of type 'analytic account' to it

Level 2: Workpackages (5 to 6 workpackage per project), each having a different timesheet invoicing ratio and known part of the budget -> I associate an analytic account of type 'Contract or project' to it

Level 3: tasks (4 to 5 tasks per workpackage), each having several persons with its own associated resource plan -> I associate a task (and not an analytic account) so to be able to monitor (planned vs declared) the manpower consumption per person over each task and use task delegation to manage the different persons. But my approach may be not the best one

Thank you

Franck

Discard
Best Answer

I'm afraid you will have to use the community addons in order te use this functionality. I have not seen any plans on building this in the near future.

The other option would be to ask Odoo (or any partner) to build it for you and have Odoo merge it in their branches.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Fig,

Personnally i think is not good idea to do the inverse. Why do you want to declare task time on timesheet instead of doing it directly on task form view.

You said :

This a a strange behavior and surprising as the timesheet module should allow to enter the time on the tasks.

Actually odoo allows to enter the time on analytic account linked to the project.

Discard