Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Linking incoming products to PO

By
Raza Ali
on 2/8/13, 11:22 AM 1,379 views

I have a client who signs multiple POs (contracts) with each supplier (broker) for products. The supplier (broker) sends in truckloads of goods without specific reference to a PO. Later on, at the time of payment, the broker decides which truck to assign to which PO. This also results in requiring quantity changes in the PO.

I understand this needs custom work, but I wanted to understand if the "Incoming Products" feature is close to this situation or not.

Is it the case that we can receive incoming products as they arrive by the truckloads, and later on we reference them to the PO? (I'm ok to write validation logic to control mismatches between PO and actual quantities.)

Please provide your insight into what is the best starting point for solving this situation.

Thanks

Geoff Galik
On 2/20/13, 5:10 AM

If it were me I wouldn't go back and modify picking orders that have already been validated, though I've never heard of a purchase agreement where the vendor can retroactively dictate changes to the terms of the contract after product is delivered. Even so, that still doesn't mean you need to syncronize you document flow with someone elses. As long as you have accurate records of what was delivered and what was invoiced you're books should be in order.

If you're determined to track these numbers, keep in mind that you still want your system to reflect the order in which you receive/create the information. If an invoice comes in after a delivery and each invoice line has a delivery date and a PO reference, add those respective fields to your supplier invoice section, but leave the pick slip you already created the way it is; there's no point in going back and editing the pick slip to reference the PO anyway, because in this scenario the PO's are meaningless as the PO lines don't match anything that was delivered or invoiced.

Whatever you do, avoid changing values on PO lines that have already been validated. I wouldn't worry about deliveries matching POs 1:1 because you're not using POs the way they were meant to be used in the first place (read: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purchase_order).

Hope this helps.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/8/13, 11:22 AM
Seen: 1379 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM