Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Link a view to the top "create" button in order to add an entry

By
Val Kinyock
on 5/27/15, 5:39 AM 420 views

I would like to know if it is possible to link a view with the top "Create button" of a custom module given that this button isn't a part of any view.

Now when I click on this button Odoo opens a new row that I have to fill but I would like to open a view (or a wizard) in order to add this new entry.

I have been told that this process is done in JS ?

The form when we click on "Create" from the quotation page would be perfect but I can't find how it is done.

Temur

--Temur--
| 6 5 7
Tbilisi, Georgia
--Temur--
Programmer
Temur
On 5/27/15, 5:53 AM

I guess you're about a page where you've list view by default, right? if so, then you've to edit properties of a "tree" tag in XML of your listview. there should be one of editable="top" or editable="bottom" property. remove that property and update module. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/27/15, 5:39 AM
Seen: 420 times
Last updated: 5/27/15, 6:02 AM