Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
How can I limit the projects that users can see? It seems that if I assign a user to the Project Managers group they can see all projects created. I only want them to be able to see the projects they are following or that have tasks they have been assigned but still retain other permissions under the Manager group for Projects.
Make your projects 'Private':
The privacy setting works as:
- Customer Project: visible in portal if the customer is a follower.
- All Employees: employees see all tasks or issues.
- Private Project: followers can see only the followed tasks or issues
To prevent users in the group "Project Manager" from seeing Private Projects, deactivate the Record Rule "Project: project manager: see all"
1. Activate Developer Mode.
2. Navigate to Settings --> Technical --> Security --> Record Rules.
3. Search for "project manager"
4. Deactivate the rule (you will see it is 1=1 which returns true for all projects - giving them access to see all)
Note: This means only the ADMIN user will be able to see all projects. You probably want SOMEONE to see all Projects, so it may also be better to create a group in between Project Manager and Project User that can't see private projects.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 8/31/16, 6:17 PM|
|Seen: 593 times|
|Last updated: 9/1/16, 3:22 AM|