How can I limit the projects that users can see? It seems that if I assign a user to the Project Managers group they can see all projects created. I only want them to be able to see the projects they are following or that have tasks they have been assigned but still retain other permissions under the Manager group for Projects.
Make your projects 'Private':
The privacy setting works as:
- Customer Project: visible in portal if the customer is a follower.
- All Employees: employees see all tasks or issues.
- Private Project: followers can see only the followed tasks or issues
To prevent users in the group "Project Manager" from seeing Private Projects, deactivate the Record Rule "Project: project manager: see all"
1. Activate Developer Mode.
2. Navigate to Settings --> Technical --> Security --> Record Rules.
3. Search for "project manager"
4. Deactivate the rule (you will see it is 1=1 which returns true for all projects - giving them access to see all)
Note: This means only the ADMIN user will be able to see all projects. You probably want SOMEONE to see all Projects, so it may also be better to create a group in between Project Manager and Project User that can't see private projects.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 8/31/16, 6:17 PM|
|Seen: 246 times|
|Last updated: 9/1/16, 3:22 AM|