Odoo Help

limit the warehouse user to particular warehouse

By
Kenneth
on 4/9/13, 7:49 PM 4,734 views

I have a company with several stores belonging to the same company. By default, a warehouse user/manager can modify every inventory. How can I limit the access for each user to only be for the designated inventories. I have btw. setup OpenERP with the "sale_multi_shop" module, which assign each sales person to a particular store.

IT Libertas

--IT Libertas--
| 4 3 7
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
--IT Libertas--

Visit us: itlibertas.com

IT Libertas is a team of developers and automation experts to help you to unlock Odoo ERP system's potential. We have been communicating with end users to whom the software became a main business tool since 2012. As a result, we are proud of dozens of successful implementations.

IT Libertas guarantees deadlines predictability and transparent pricing. We rely upon the best international practices and invest in local markets' study. That is why the company's services are in demand of European, Asian, American and African entrepreneurs.

We are open for cooperation and keep searching for new solutions to the end that IT Libertas clients go ahead of the curve, deal with less routine and generate more profit.

IT Libertas
On 6/7/16, 12:49 PM

It seems that this module - https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/stock_limitation/ - would be of use to you

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--

Kevin McMenamin
On 4/9/13, 9:49 PM

You could use security rules - create a user group for each warehouse and in th egroup setup limit them to a particular wareouse. Then allocate the users to the right groups. If you look in settings / security / record rules you will see examples of how to set up.

Would the security rule be on warehouse, location, or address? Each warehouse may hold a number of child locations, default being Lets see - each warehouse have a number of locations, the default being "Reception", "Stock", and "Output", but the location may hold a number of other internal locations such as "Store 1 / Stock / Row 1 / Shelf 1". I have imagined having a output for transfer between stores too - shuch as "Store 1 / Output / Store 1 -> Store 2", which again would have an automatic move rule to be sent to "Reception" in Store 2. That way store 1 can send to store 2 but manager for

Kenneth
on 4/10/13, 2:17 AM

the store 2 would have a picking list and have to confirm reception of the products. I am however wondering how I am going to use the rules to apply to all locations. I have noticed that "Store 1" is not really listed as belonging to the warehouse, only "Store 1 / Stock" and so on - is it a way to make the rule on all sub locations to "Store 1" ?

Kenneth
on 4/10/13, 2:25 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/9/13, 7:49 PM
Seen: 4734 times
Last updated: 6/8/16, 10:56 AM