Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Limit access rights/flow for an user

Michael Marroquin
on 3/3/16, 3:51 AM 330 views

Hi everyone,

I need avoid that a purchase user can affect a warehouse, for example: receive products after confirm a purchase order. Only a warehouse user can move and make transactions in the warehouse but not a user of purchase. 

I can't find where I configure or limit that access.

Thanks for your help!

On 3/3/16, 9:07 AM

In order to avoid a purchase user from affecting Warehouses, we need to control the access rights of that particular user through:-

• Go to Settings> Users>Groups. Here we have two groups belonging to Warehouses namely Warehouse Manager and Warehouse User. We need to remove the Purchase User from these groups and automatically that user would not be able to access any matter associated with Warehouses.

• This is because user access rights in Odoo are controlled through Groups

Hope this helps

On 3/3/16, 8:03 AM

To limit your purchase user you can create record rule. Below link will help you to create record rule.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/3/16, 3:51 AM
Seen: 330 times
Last updated: 3/3/16, 9:07 AM