This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I would like to know is there any options for the LC (Letter of Credit) Management in Odoo (any version). Please let me know the details.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Xenia,

You can check below shared link of OCA module. hope it will help. this module is for all the standard letters.

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/lettermgmt/

Thanks.

Discard

Managing postal letters has nothing to do with Letters of Credit

Best Answer

Hi Xenia,

I guess your question is about the "Letter of Credit" used as one of the Payment Method. It could be routed through accounting i.e. journal entries. I didn't see any option in ODOO for mentioning the LC in the transaction entry screen but the same can be created by extending the model / custom module.

But, LC's need tracking and allowable credit limit and how much has been consumed out of the available LC or request for additional from customer. I am also looking for these options but don't see any so far. I am planning of developing a module for the same. Will keep posted on this forum once I have it ready.

Letter of Credit:

Letter of Credit is a credit letter from bank assuring/guaranteeing of a buyer payment to a seller (Business Transaction). Buyer payment to a seller will be clear on time in specified currency with specified amount subject to fulfill defined conditions of letter of credit.

Journal Entries:-

(1) Entry for opening of LC

L.C. Margin A/c Dr.
To Bank A/c
(Being ..% margin part to bank against LC of $. …………)

(2) Payment of Commission/LC Charges

L.C. Charges /Commission A/c Dr.
To Bank A/c
(Being LC Commission and Charges Paid against LC No. ….of $... .)

(3) Purchase of Goods

Purchase A/c Dr.
To Party (Creditor) A/c
(Being goods purchased against letter of LC No. ….)

(4) Entry for realization of LC

Party (Creditor) A/c Dr.
To Letter of credit A/c
(Being LC forwarded to buyer’s LC No. …..)

(5) Payment of LC

Letter of Credit Dr
To LC Margin A/c
To Bank A/c

(6) In Case of devolvement of LC

Letter of Credit Devolved A/c
To Letter of Credit
To L C Margin A/c
(Being LC no .. of $. devolved and margin adjusted by bank)

Discard
Best Answer

Yes we have worked on a custom solution for the scenario for one of our importer client. Let me know how could I facilitate. thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Hi @Jayant ! 

Do you have done something for this point ?

Discard