This question has been flagged
1 Reply

The options for a user in the access rights for sales are "see own leads", "see all leads", and "manager". When leads are imported by a user they are automatically assigned to that user.

Is there a way to import leads that are not assigned to a user?

Or how can you have a pool of leads that are not specific to a salesperson?

I want to have sales people see a pool of new leads, and once they claim the lead only they can see the lead. Can openERP do this without custom programming?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I figured out how to import without having them auto assigning to the user importing. Add a column to the file you are importing called "Salesperson" leave the rows blank. That will all users that have been marked "see own leads" to see the lead and change the lead to their own salesperson ID to "claim" the lead and make it not visible to other "see own leads" users.

BUT - if you have a group of leads assigned to a one department, users assigned to another department can see the leads as if they were in the same department.

So the leads module only kinds of works.

Discard

You could create a new inherited rule of "See own leads", change the filter to check if user exists in department. (I'm not too sure of the syntax for it). Create a group with this new rule, and then change all users to use the new group. For us this rule for Team leads to see leads from Team members worked ['&', ('section_id.user_id','=',user.id), ('section_id.member_ids', 'in', [user.id])]