I have installed OpenERP V7 and both LDAP connection and the LDAP Populate modules.
The LDAP configuration is working fine since I can connect, and OpenERP creates new users as they connect. However, when I tryed to populate users from LDAP it didn't do anything. OpenERP keeps chewing processor resources but doesn't import anything.
If I filter the search (based on the employee number) in LDAP to one user, the populate works fined with that user. I also tryed a narrowed search (also based on the employee number) and it worked fine (importing the 5 users that matched the query). When I remove all filters, OpenERP can't import anything.
Analysing LDAP activity, I can see the request arrives, and in response all (about) 2500 users are returned to OpenERP. Is that too much information for OpenERP to handle?
Any other suggestion? Is there any other method to import users into OpenERP?
Thanks in advance! -Filipe Castanheira.
Finaly solved it! After I upgraded openerp and addons, installed version 184.108.40.206 of users_ldap_populate on an empty database.
Started OpenERP Server with --debug and --log_level=debug flags. And discovered an exeption being raised (with no description, thou).
After a litle bit more debug I understood it was a timeout (was trying to populate all LDAP users). So, narrowing the search to the HR branch of LDAP, it worked, importing all 5162 users.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 2/10/14, 1:12 PM|
|Seen: 2091 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|