Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

LDAP correct syntax for ldap-filter

By
sulliwane
on 4/3/13, 2:25 AM 9,102 views

Hi,

I installed the LDAP module, and configured it as follow :

LDAP filter : uid=%s

Question : What are the variable used by openerp for LDAP filter (%uid, %mail, %s...etc) ?

Moreover, I'd like something like this :

LDAP filter : (&(uid=%s)(memberOf=cn=share,ou=Groups,dc=ip-198-27-46,dc=net))

Finally, I'd also like to have Openerp-ldap-module retrieve my users emails as well as their username...is it possible ?

Thank you.

Vianney Adou
On 7/28/15, 1:47 PM

It is possible you retrieve your users emails as well as their username.

Do it :

Modify the source code of auth_ldap module.

open users_ldap.py go to map_ldap_attributes methode.

replace this code :

values = { 'name': ldap_entry[1]['cn'][0],

'login': login,

'company_id': conf['company'],

}

by this:

if(ldap_entry[1].has_key('mail')):

'email': ldap_entry[1]['mail'][0],

}

else:

}

best regards.

voathnak lim
On 4/24/15, 2:20 AM

Hello sulliwan, I just got the same issue here. have you got success can you share your experience. thanks

wjn
On 4/3/13, 7:28 AM

Your filter depends on the LDAP server and what you want as username. With an LDAP browser (search on internet) you can see and check what your LDAP filter and LDAP base should be set to. For example I have "sAMAccountName=%s" as filter and "OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=DOMAIN,DC=local" as base. LDAP is on a SBS2011 server. Users can log on to OpenERP with their own username & password.

I use the exact same filter on owncloud ldap-module, and it works great against my ldap server : (&(uid=%s)(memberOf=cn=share,ou=Groups,dc=ip-198-27-46,dc=net)). If changing the ldap base to cn=share,ou=Groups,dc=ip-198-27-46,dc=net, the authentication stop working...thx for your anwser

sulliwane
on 4/3/13, 7:36 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/3/13, 2:25 AM
Seen: 9102 times
Last updated: 7/28/15, 2:44 PM