This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello everyone,

In OpenERP v7.0 the cost price can be set in two different ways standard or average. However, we are working in an business where the prices are always going down (dealing IT hardware) so our stock valuation should be done on the last known buying price.

In case the title is not clear enough let's make an example : If I bought a product a 80usd a month ago and buy a second one today at 50usd, the cost price in the product details should be set at 50usd and the stock valuation of my two products should be 100usd.

Is it possible to do it without coding a module ?

If it is not, the module coding would seems pretty straightforward as to just set the cost price to the buying price with the price list rules applied to it related to the buying document upon invoice validation.

Did I miss some other implications ? Would I risk of breaking some other parts of OpenERP ? If it is not already implemented maybe there is a good reason maybe it should not be.

I'm familiar with python coding but not yet with the OpenERP/OpenObject framework, also if we start developing a module there will be the matter of maintaining it.

So before starting this project, I come here to ask for advice concerning this matter.

Regards,

Thomas.

Discard

Is it possible to do it without coding a module ? I don't think so. We are looking at the same problem and one other like.. we charge +35% on all bought products an auto-calculation on last buying price would be helpful.

Best Answer

Maybe this is not the answer you wish to hear, but I can consider it as work around.

Each time you purchase a product (In PO) you can edit the cost price just before confirming the order.

Discard