Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[l10n_be] Flemish translation of account and tax templates

By
Geert Janssens
on 3/14/13, 2:32 PM 1,471 views

This is actually a continuation of the question I asked on the now read-only forum

Based on feedback I got there I made the l10n_be module translatable.

Quick summary: the account template, tax template, tax code template etc provided by this module were only available in French. Belgium has 3 official languages, and I need a Flemish version of this data.

I was shown there is a module (l10n_multilang) that just serves this purpose: make an l10n module's data translatable. I started from there.

Currently I have done this: - altered the l10n_be code so that is uses the l10n_multilang module - generated a translatable file with all the data in it - translated this po file - created a branch on launchpad (named gjanssens_l10n_be_nl) with my modifications

I'm not sure I did things properly, so I'd like to get some feedback - is the branch ok ? Or should I have branched from another master branch - the parent branch (7.0) meanwhile has received many updates. Do I have to merge these in some way ? If so, any pointers to how to do this ? - Should I put notification of my work somewhere ?

As you can see, this is my first experience in contributing to OpenERP and I'm still learing the best practises, do's and don'ts.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Geert Janssens
On 8/29/13, 12:25 PM

To answer my own question: the next step was to submit a merge proposal on launchpad for my patch. Things evolved positively from there and belgian account translation support will appear in a future version of OpenERP.

Geert, I just started evaluating the on-line version of OpenERP, but got across the same issue as you described above. Any idea if your solution would become available on-line as well ?

Marc Bruggeman-Zarate
on 9/16/13, 10:13 AM

I need to start a belgian accounting, and need this in Dutch and preferably also in English, but do not know how to proceed. How does this relate to the module "Belgium - Multilingual Chart of Accounts (en/nl/fr)", which does not seem to contain the actual accounts (only the views)?

Should I install your patch? How does this work? I have no experience with launchpad.

filip
on 10/1/13, 12:11 PM

@Marc: I have no idea. I don't work for OpenERP, so I have no knowledge of their implementation roadmap. But based on the nature of the patch and OpenERP's typical backporting policy, I don't expect this patch to show up in OpenERP's online service until OpenERP 8 is launched.

Kobalt, Geert Janssens
on 10/16/13, 9:45 AM

@Filip: I'm not aware of a module named "Belgium - Multilingual Chart of Accounts (en/nl/fr)". I'm working with OpenERP v7, perhaps this module is for another version ? For v7 the way to enable Dutch translations for the (originally French) chart of accounts is outlined in comment 6 of this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1189865/ I haven't tested this myself though. The patches that got eventually merged into the main tree are only partially based on my work. By that time, I had already moved on for my personal needs.

Kobalt, Geert Janssens
on 10/16/13, 9:55 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/14/13, 2:32 PM
Seen: 1471 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM