Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

KeyError: u'object_name'

By
Aijay Ogbugha
on 8/1/13, 11:38 AM 6,872 views

I created a new module. And clicking on the menu item, I got this error. Please what am I not getting and what do I do? Thank you for you help. Here is the full error:

File "/home/openerp/openerp/modules/registry.py", line 102, in __getitem__ return self.models[model_name] KeyError: u'my_object_name'

Can you post the full error ?

Xsias
on 8/1/13, 12:05 PM

Yes, it's better if you post the full error and your module code if it's possible.

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 8/1/13, 12:13 PM

Have you verify the import in __init__.py ?

Xsias
on 8/1/13, 2:02 PM

Yes Xsias I have imported my py file in the _init_.py. What could be the problem still?

Aijay Ogbugha
on 8/2/13, 6:40 AM

Can you post your code if it's possible ?

Xsias
on 8/2/13, 7:21 AM
ONESTEiN
On 12/11/13, 11:23 AM

It might be that in your config file (openerp-server.conf), the addons path is not correctly set. Your module is not recognized by OpenERP. The module must be installed in the standard addons folder (with for example a symlink), or must be put in another folder, that was mentioned in the addons path, for example:

addons_path = /opt/openerp/addons,/opt/openerp/web/addons,/opt/openerp/custom/addons/

your custom modules should then be put in: /opt/openerp/custom/addons/

Note: make not the mistake to write /opt/openerp/custom/addons/my_custom_module

regards, Jeroen

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/1/13, 11:38 AM
Seen: 6872 times
Last updated: 4/30/15, 6:20 AM