Odoo Help

6 Answers
Chandni Machchhar India
12/11/13, 9:07 AM

Hello Mark,

4) The database should be installed on my computer. How do I access "res_user" to check the usernames and passwords?

You will find all the tables of the particular database in to the pgAdmin.

Open the pgAdmin, Connect it to the server

Open Your Database > Schemas > Public > Tables > res_user

Right click on it > View Data > View All Rows

You will see all the records in that table.

Hope this will help. Thanks.

1 Comment
Kelly Stuart United States
10/8/14, 5:47 PM

FYI: In Odoo 8, the passwords are now encrypted. You will no longer be able to recover them by viewing the database records.

Sandy Walker United States
11/12/14, 11:16 AM

David Dean just answered this on another question in this forum: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-can-i-log-back-in-to-odoo-with-the-administrator-account-odoo-asking-for-admin-email-instead-of-username-59663

Put "admin" as the Email address (no @ symbol or anything else). 

Use the password you set up when you created the database.

You are logged back in!  

David mentioned that Email and Username are synonymous - you don't have to use an actual email address as the username even though the field is labeled "Email".

Cameron United Kingdom

--Cameron--

| 6 6 10
Blackburn, United Kingdom
--Cameron--
Cameron United Kingdom
5/3/13, 7:04 AM

Can only suggest

1)Usernames and passwords are case sensitive!

2)Try a reboot of your server!,

3)If using "chrome" try that!

4)If you have access to the data base ie phpgpadmin , see "res_user" for "usernames" and "passwords" just to check

1 Comment
Mark Taylor United States
5/3/13, 3:26 PM

Thank you for your answer.

patrick Netherlands

--patrick--

| 5 4 9
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick Netherlands
5/3/13, 4:52 PM

It looks like you have issues with logging in (#4).

Username: admin password: the password you specified when you made the database (step 2). It is not admin, but the password you typed in twice.

Ryan United States
9/19/14, 10:49 AM

I'm running into the same problem and when I look in my database for the admin password I find this: login | password
-------+----------
 admin |
(1 row)

no password?

Mark Taylor United States
5/3/13, 3:33 PM

So,

1) I realize that usernames and passwords are case sensitive.

2) If by restarting the computer I have effectively restarted the server as well, then I have tried that. If I am mistaken, what did you mean?

3) I will try Google Chrome.

4) The database should be installed on my computer. How do I access "res_user" to check the usernames and passwords?

I noticed that when I go to the localhost:8069/# screen in Firefox I can go to "Backup" and I see that the proper database name is there and that it asks for the admin master password which I have not changed from the original "admin".

I'm still confused.

Thank you.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now