Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Journals have no External ID's until exported. Why? [Closed]

By
Ray Carnes
on 4/18/13, 1:56 PM 1,805 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 05/08/2013 02:15:02

I encountered this issue when trying to determine the XML ID of the BANK Journal (BNK2).

When looking at the View Log for this Journal (developer's mode)(same experience with runbot), it is False:

image description

But if I export the journal, it is assigned a value, because if I go back to the View Log, I see:

image description

Is this expected behavior? Are their some records which don't have ID's until exported or is this a bug?

A grep for BNK2 in the source code (XML and PY) returns nothing, so I'm confused about how these records are created in the first place.

It also looks like accounts and periods act this way too - no External ID until exported.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 4/18/13, 2:27 PM

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 4/19/13, 3:26 AM

Only the records created by OpenERP have a xml_id. All records created by the user have no xml_id by default, so it's normal.

When you export records with import compatible feature, OpenERP create xml_id for every record in order to allow you to import them again (and modify them instead of creating them)

Thanks. When I make a selection in a Configuration Wizard to choose my Chart of Accounts, I don't think of those records as created by 'a user'. I appreciate you clearing this up. This also explains why some data I export has incremental (and incorrect) XML ID's generated. Transactions that are linked to accounts and journals for example - unless the accounts and journals have id's - the file you get isn't correct.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 4/19/13, 4:45 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/18/13, 1:56 PM
Seen: 1805 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM