This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello;

As business wise, when I need to use (create) journal item and when to use journal voucher and when to use voucher entry?

In other words, what are the differences between those kind of journals, so in which cases I will use each of those journals?

Regards Bilal

Discard
Best Answer

Journal Items are lines of a single journal entry. A journal entry (containing several lines=journal items) represents a transaction in the accounting software.

There are different documents that produces journal entries automatically: confirming an invoice, an asset or a journal voucher. So, a journal voucher is a higher level business document to represent a transaction with a customer. For can use it, for example, for sales receipt.

Discard

I require a similar explanation specifically with regards to journal voucher and journal entries. Technically before a transaction is done, a voucher must be raised or created, passed or confirmed, and then posted as a journal entry. Could you please confirm that this is what openerp does when you create a journal voucher and post. In other words you can choose to skip creating journal vouchers and create journal entries straight away for your intended transaction Right? or Wrong?

How do I get the JOURNAL VOUCHER to show on the menu?

Author Best Answer

Thanks a lot for the reply and kindly help.

About Journal Voucher and Sales Receipt: The question is, the sales receipt will produce journal voucher and does not produce directly journal entry same as confirming the invoice?

From the other side, is there asset journal? Because I do not see this on my system. Maybe I have to download the account_asset module?

Regards Bilal

Discard

Unless you acquire fixed assets on a very regular basis (every day or week for instance) an assets journal is not useful; you can use either the purchase journal or the Miscellaneous journal.

Author

OK. But why Sales Receipt will use Journal Voucher and will not use Journal Entry directly? Also, when (like which business case?) that I have to create Journal Item instead of creating Journal Entry?