This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi

when working on 2 fiscal years in the same time for ex 2012 and 2013 during posting the journal entry i get the number for the 2012 year like this ex. GNR/2013/0004 this will make an issue for the accountant during the work. so how to assign the number code 2012 for the year 2012 journal entries and the 2013 for the year 2013 journal entries.

Discard
Best Answer

The method you outline is actually the correct 'out of the box 'way to have a sequence matching the fiscal year.

A module that supports FISCAL YEAR as a prefix placeholder is at http://v6apps.openerp.com/addon/6205

Discard
Author

will this work on V7 also?

Try it - it states "for v61 and above" and was last updated two days ago so I think there is a good chance don't you?

Author Best Answer

OK i have found a solution my self for this maybe its a temp solution

so i go to

Accounting> configuration>Journals> select the journal i want to change the numbering for and select edit

under entry sequence i choose the small box with the arrow on the side

go to fiscal year select add then select the fiscal year you want 2012 for ex and in the sequence field select create here change the prefix delete it and just add 2012

same goes for all the fiscal years

now in the journal entry section

when you make an entry in the year 2012 you get a number starting with 2012 and when you make an entry in 2013 you get a number starting with 2013

please note that when the year ends you have to add the new year numbering too 2014

so that is why i think this is a temp solution and it needs to be made automated

i think if someone could add the prefix for the Fiscal year to the sequence then this will be a good fix

i wanted to add a pic but i don't have much Karma for that

Discard