Odoo Help

Joural Entries + Reconcile Bank Statement = Duplicate

By
Steve Switzer
on 1/12/15, 2:19 PM 602 views

I've read a few posts that mention account transfers and the need for a "Transfer Account" as a middle man. This is weird to me as I've never needed it in previous software. Upon learning this, I started entering journal items that have accumulated so far this month, then in a test environment  preteneded that I received a bank statement. This caused each entry to be duplicated.

Scenario:

• Enter transactions as they occur, so I have a running tally and an accurate expected account balance
  • At the end of the month, type in the back statement and reconcile.
    • There is no way to import journal items already typed in.
  • Notice that each entry that was entered ahead of time is now a duplicate of the corresponding entry in the statement.

This is silly. There must be a way to enter my transations as they occur so I have a good running balance of my accounts, and reconcile at the end of the month without this double work.

Anyone else experience this? Workaround?

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/12/15, 2:19 PM
Seen: 602 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM