Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Joural Entries + Reconcile Bank Statement = Duplicate

By
Steve Switzer
on 1/12/15, 2:19 PM 518 views

I've read a few posts that mention account transfers and the need for a "Transfer Account" as a middle man. This is weird to me as I've never needed it in previous software. Upon learning this, I started entering journal items that have accumulated so far this month, then in a test environment  preteneded that I received a bank statement. This caused each entry to be duplicated.

Scenario:

• Enter transactions as they occur, so I have a running tally and an accurate expected account balance
  • At the end of the month, type in the back statement and reconcile.
    • There is no way to import journal items already typed in.
  • Notice that each entry that was entered ahead of time is now a duplicate of the corresponding entry in the statement.

This is silly. There must be a way to enter my transations as they occur so I have a good running balance of my accounts, and reconcile at the end of the month without this double work.

Anyone else experience this? Workaround?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/12/15, 2:19 PM
Seen: 518 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM