This question has been flagged

I've read a few posts that mention account transfers and the need for a "Transfer Account" as a middle man. This is weird to me as I've never needed it in previous software. Upon learning this, I started entering journal items that have accumulated so far this month, then in a test environment  preteneded that I received a bank statement. This caused each entry to be duplicated.

Scenario:

• Enter transactions as they occur, so I have a running tally and an accurate expected account balance
  • At the end of the month, type in the back statement and reconcile.
    • There is no way to import journal items already typed in.
  • Notice that each entry that was entered ahead of time is now a duplicate of the corresponding entry in the statement.

This is silly. There must be a way to enter my transations as they occur so I have a good running balance of my accounts, and reconcile at the end of the month without this double work.

Anyone else experience this? Workaround?

Discard

Did you ever find a solution for this? Coming from Quickbooks the reconcile process in Odoo is still very cumbersome for us since we have to use a transfer account anytime we move numbers from one bank to another. Too much work.