Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Jasper_Report_Module compatible with Odoo 8 ?

By
Madura
on 8/13/14, 7:15 AM 1,497 views

Hello All,

I tried to install jasper report on my Odoo server (Version 8.0rc1) but got an error saying error like this,

OpenERP server error

ImportError No module named osv

Can anyone help me to resolve this?

Thank You.. :)

Francesco OpenCode

--Francesco OpenCode--
| 5 7 9
Grottaglie, Italy
--Francesco OpenCode--

Italian Odoo (OpenERP) Modules Developer LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/francescoapruzzese

Francesco OpenCode
On 7/28/16, 6:35 AM

Use this as repo:  https://github.com/andrea4ever/Jasperv8

prashanth
On 7/26/16, 10:47 AM

Hi Please help me in this,

I tried to import jasper_report package in parser file 

It is showing 

File "/opt/.........../report/parser.py", line 26, in <module>

import jasper_reports

ImportError: No module named jasper_reports

Pleas can any one help me in this ..... I am using odoo 8, I downloaded jasper_reports for odoo8 from odoo community.

Thanks

Jose M
On 9/10/14, 7:55 AM

Hi Madura,

I was also looking for a module in Odoo but didn't find anything. I've managed to install the module by changing the import clause from:

import osv ->To ->from openerp import osv

This is the new way of importing some of the openerp classes, so if you have this problem you can solve it like this.

This installs you the module in Odoo but i'm still having problems by importing a new jrxml template, this is because openerp 7 (and older) uses a function of netsvc which is not longer available. I'm currently trying to solve this.

Bye!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/13/14, 7:15 AM
Seen: 1497 times
Last updated: 7/28/16, 6:35 AM