Odoo Help

5 Answers
Mai Ecarde
3/7/17, 12:57 AM

This should occur automatically if you change your notes field to be a one2many instead of many2one.

Then just add the following to your view which will show as the default list (tree):

<field name="notes"/>
1 Comment
Lindsay Slazakowski
3/7/17, 10:57 AM

This will be VERY helpful for me in the future but not exactly what I'm looking for now. I don't want to create a new note FROM the project itself. I'd like to only create notes in Note and list the notes in the project if that makes sense. So if I create a note "New Note" and choose "New Project" as its project, I'd like to be able to go to "New Project" and see "New Note" listed there.

tchigy
4/14/17, 4:53 AM

In addition to your comment you can prevent the user from creating or editing note from one2many in python or xml

<field name="notes" readonly="1" />   
in python
notes = fields.One2many(..., readonly=True); # if you put readonly here the field will be always readonly

Sehrish
2/18/18, 10:40 PM

I think you need to set default values of one2many in project model.

Rafael Aguero Baquero
6/27/17, 2:40 PM

This only can happen if note.note has a m2o to project.

At first its a good tip follow Odoo guidelines, all fields One2many must be declared as follows: xxx_ids, all Many2one xxx_id

<field name="note_ids"/>   
in python
model note.note:
project_id = fields.Many2one('project.project',string='Project')
model project.project:
note_ids = fields.One2many('note.note','project_id',string='Notes')
Ask a Question
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now