Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

It is possible to upgrade OpenERP7 to Odoo?

By
Paulo Nascimento
on 5/17/14, 6:23 PM 1,567 views

I have a instance of OpenERP7 on a site of mine, and I would like to upgrade it to Odoo because the Website Builder.

It's possible? How can I do that?

EDIT:

Odoo proclamates that they have ecommerce, website builder, etc. My question is, and I don't want wait to OpenERP8, can I upgrade my OpenERP7 to the free/opensource version of Odoo? If it is possible. HOW can I do that? Please, thanks

Stefan Reisich

--Stefan Reisich--
| 7 7 8
Pfungstadt, Germany
--Stefan Reisich--
Stefan Reisich
On 5/18/14, 7:10 AM

Yes. The Website Builder will be released with the version 8 of OpenERP(or now Odoo). I would suggest you to wait until june. Then the version 8 will be released and you can upgrade by yourself or make a Enterprise contract for Odoo(the Company) upgrade for you.

Nhomar Hernandez
On 5/18/14, 5:12 AM

Yes.

You can buy an Odoo Enterprise (run faster because the price will increase in 45 days) and be prepared, contact a partner in your area.

FYI with really HIGH technical skill you can doit by yourself using openupgrade project, but in my experience the migration service on OpenERP is really good.

David Arnold
On 5/18/14, 4:16 PM

maybe you can get a SaaS-Version running in a virtualmachine to experiement and get some technical skills.

If you feel comfortable with vagrant (easy to learn, 1 hour), I could recommend: https://index.docker.io/u/flox/ubuntu-openerp/

www.vagrantup.com

I couldn't get it to run on the lightweight boo2docker image. So I included the docker container as provisioning on a regular ubuntu (14.04, because docker needs updated kernel version). You can draw on this vagrantfile, if you like, without garantuee..  Maybe you would have to search a vagrant box for your processor (this is a amd64 box)

https://github.com/odoo-colombia/Odoo-VagrantUp/blob/master/vagrant-docker/Vagrantfile

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/17/14, 6:23 PM
Seen: 1567 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM