Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

It is good idea create records when the parent company is selected ?

By
john sebastian salcedo henao
on 7/31/16, 10:59 AM 209 views

For example, I have 4 companies (A,B,C,D) where A is the parent company and B,C,D are childs companies, it is good idea if a user creates records where the parent company is selected ?, Odoo manage this well ? or is better selected the child company for create records?

(Sorry my english is not good still)

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 7/31/16, 6:14 PM

I recommend you create records in the proper company.

It is too easy to accidentally create something in the wrong company if you don't enforce this best practice.  The company field isn't always shown on the record,or is sometimes on a tab that the user may not remember to click.  

It is easier to train users to set the company in the preferences dialog, then enter records.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/31/16, 10:59 AM
Seen: 209 times
Last updated: 7/31/16, 11:08 PM