Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

issues with 'Import error: No module named XXX'

By
leonlihkust
on 3/26/13, 12:44 PM 3,809 views

I installed OpenERP 7 on Ubuntu server and when I start server by sudo openerp-server start The system shows the error message 'Import error: No module named XXX'. It happens because the system library dose not include XXX module. So I just copy XXX module to the system library path. I want to ask if any one has the same bug and what is your solution. Because my way does not solve all problem. Thanks in ahead.

Jethroso
On 3/26/13, 4:04 PM

Try with the command

sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server start

If I put your command got the same error, but with the upper command, all is fine

Goodluck

Thanks for your reply. Using sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server start is fine, but it seems nothing happen after run this command. What is the different between with these two command? /etc/init/openerp-server start and openerp-server start

leonlihkust
on 3/27/13, 9:44 AM

The main difference is that openerp-server is the main executable of the server, but /etc/init/openerp-server is a init script that surely calls openerp-server executable but before prepare the environment (load path of modules, etc...). Anyway, once the server is running you must go to firefox (or similar) and load localhost:8069

Jethroso
on 3/27/13, 10:56 AM

Thanks. Do you mean /etc/init/openerp-server calls some preparation work while openerp-server does not? I use '/etc/init/openerp-server' but cannot load the service from browser. I checked process list of Ubuntu and did not find openerp service running.

leonlihkust
on 3/27/13, 12:50 PM

I really using it in a debian server, but Ubuntu maybe similar. After sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server start nothing happens? In my system I got an "Starting openerp-server: openerp-server." Try looking in /var/log/openerp/openerp-server.log for any error. You have Postgresql installed?

Jethroso
on 4/1/13, 12:29 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/26/13, 12:44 PM
Seen: 3809 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM