Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Issues creating simple tree view for custom module Openerp7

By
Ash Muir
on 3/27/13, 10:42 AM 1,475 views

I'm trying to add in a way to store data about different sites a customer may have. This is my first development, so the theory was to keep it pretty simple for now.

Managed to code the model which seems to work ok, if I import it without any xml files no errors and my extra fields show up.

pastebin.com/ih5W2qca

Then I get to coding the view, which I have to admit I don't understand that well. I thought I'd start with tree view. the following is the closest I think I've come.

pastebin.com/XnyA5FWA

When I try to install the module with this xml it throws an error.

pastebin.com/hAy0gXen

I really have no idea how to proceed. Been trying to get a view working for the last 5 hours.

Wiebe de Roos
On 7/30/13, 7:16 AM

Hi Ash Muir,

Thanks for your post...I got my module working based on yr example. Thanks.

Did you got any success with it?

Wiebe

Ash Muir
On 3/27/13, 11:16 AM

I spotted some errors in the xml file and it's working now!

<record model="ir.actions.act_window.view" id="action_sites_view_tree">

Should be

<record model="ir.actions.act_window" id="action_sites_view_tree">

This threw another error about res_model, I noticed I missed that out so added in

<field name="res_model">site</field>

Seems like that sorted it, hopefully I can figure out the rest now.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/27/13, 10:42 AM
Seen: 1475 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM