Odoo Help

Is this the correct way to re-open a closed fiscal year?

By
Danny W. Adair
on 5/12/14, 9:41 PM 2,295 views

I need to re-open a closed fiscal year, and I'm wondering whether how I am doing this is the correct and safe way to do it:

Under "Accounting -> Periodic Processing -> End of Period -> Cancel Closing Entries" (a very promising name!) I'm not offered a closed fiscal year. I also noticed in accounting/wizard/account_open_closed_fiscalyear.py (also a very promising name) entries are removed, but the state of the fiscal year is not changed.

If I tell Postgres to

UPDATE account_fiscalyear SET state="draft" where name="2013 (My fiscal year)" and state="done";

then that fiscal year does become available in the "Cancel Closing Entries" form. After removing the closing entries with that function the fiscal year looks like it's been correctly reverted/re-opened.

Is that how it is done correctly - change the state internally, then use Cancel Closing Entries afterwards??? Thank you for your help.

I've always been told by Odoo that this is irreversible and to never close a year until the time passed 'statue of limitations) for restating financials or auditing has passed. I have passed this information on to all of the clients I support and have never closed a year with any of them. Restoring from a BACKUP is the safest way to unclose a year.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 10/2/14, 7:54 PM
Guimaya
On 10/2/14, 6:49 PM

I don't know if you solved this question already. But theres a chance to revert the closing. Yes, just change the state from "done" to "draft"; more over if want to edit journal entries, then look for account_journal_period and set "draft" to the journals you want to edit. I recommend you to use pgadmin to this or any other application to manage postgres db. 

I hope this helps if you are still looking for help.

Kind regards

matt crouch
On 10/12/16, 10:53 AM

Can confirm that this process appears to work. Use at own risk, or better, dont do it at all, though.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/12/14, 9:41 PM
Seen: 2295 times
Last updated: 11/5/16, 8:57 AM