Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is this the correct way to re-open a closed fiscal year?

By
Danny W. Adair
on 5/12/14, 9:41 PM 1,758 views

I need to re-open a closed fiscal year, and I'm wondering whether how I am doing this is the correct and safe way to do it:

Under "Accounting -> Periodic Processing -> End of Period -> Cancel Closing Entries" (a very promising name!) I'm not offered a closed fiscal year. I also noticed in accounting/wizard/account_open_closed_fiscalyear.py (also a very promising name) entries are removed, but the state of the fiscal year is not changed.

If I tell Postgres to

UPDATE account_fiscalyear SET state="draft" where name="2013 (My fiscal year)" and state="done";

then that fiscal year does become available in the "Cancel Closing Entries" form. After removing the closing entries with that function the fiscal year looks like it's been correctly reverted/re-opened.

Is that how it is done correctly - change the state internally, then use Cancel Closing Entries afterwards??? Thank you for your help.

I've always been told by Odoo that this is irreversible and to never close a year until the time passed 'statue of limitations) for restating financials or auditing has passed. I have passed this information on to all of the clients I support and have never closed a year with any of them. Restoring from a BACKUP is the safest way to unclose a year.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 10/2/14, 7:54 PM
Guimaya
On 10/2/14, 6:49 PM

I don't know if you solved this question already. But theres a chance to revert the closing. Yes, just change the state from "done" to "draft"; more over if want to edit journal entries, then look for account_journal_period and set "draft" to the journals you want to edit. I recommend you to use pgadmin to this or any other application to manage postgres db. 

I hope this helps if you are still looking for help.

Kind regards

matt crouch
On 10/12/16, 10:53 AM

Can confirm that this process appears to work. Use at own risk, or better, dont do it at all, though.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/12/14, 9:41 PM
Seen: 1758 times
Last updated: 11/5/16, 8:57 AM