Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there some basic markup syntax for messages?

By
FRACHT FWO CZECH
on 6/25/13, 10:29 AM 1,337 views

I can not find any description anywhere about any kind of basic markup syntax for messages in OpenERP - does this even exist? Markdown or anything that enables users to give their text some basic formatting? Hey, even this QA form has a basic visual editor, in 2013 this is something everybody expects. So how can I enable user to e.g. write URLs, bold text or even inline images into a message?

Jairo Llopis
On 2/18/14, 7:43 AM

In the upper-right corner when writing a message is a square button that you can press to open the external message composer. There are a few options for what you search.

I agree Markdown or reST would be great, but this is what's available for now.

Dave Lasley
On 10/8/15, 8:03 PM

This module has a few quirks, but has worked pretty well for me thus-far - https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/8.0/web_widget_text_markdown/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/25/13, 10:29 AM
Seen: 1337 times
Last updated: 10/8/15, 8:03 PM