Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there no auto refresh for message flow in groups?

on 6/25/13, 10:35 AM 3,737 views

User A looks at a group message flow. User B writes a message to the same group. User A does not see this message. Is there no auto-refresh? Are users expected to hit F5 to see new messages?

Ghanshyam Prajapati

--Ghanshyam Prajapati--
| 4 4 8
Pune, India
--Ghanshyam Prajapati--
OpenERP Developer
Ghanshyam Prajapati
On 6/25/13, 10:45 AM

Try, In action of your object (XML file)

<field name="auto_refresh" eval="10"/>

Hope this work for you.

HI, thank you Ghanshyam - I do not mean a custom module, I was asking about the messaging system that comes out of the box with OpenERP. Is it possible to activate the auto_refresh for this? If I change the source I think I need to make it a custom module... well, I think this is overhead for this kind of basic funtionality that every user could need - so maybe better put this in the main OpenERP source, if not available? It´s really a basic feature - work collegues will say "oh, but there was nothing new, so I did not see your message and went home..." - I mean really basic :)

on 6/25/13, 11:11 AM

Hmm, this seems to be not a bug, but default behavior? I am totally baffled - after fighting with backend installation stuff etc. I totally focussed on more advanced technical issues and did not even consider that these kind of features could be absent in OpenERP. So all you OpenERP powerusers are pressing F5 like 10.000 times a day? I can not believe this. But I did not find any hint in the sources for usage of HTML5 History/State APIs - e.g. like https://github.com/browserstate/history.js I hope I am totally wrong on this...

on 6/25/13, 11:43 AM

Where do I have to put the <field name="auto_refresh" eval="10"/> to get it working for existing messaging features (groups, inbox, etc.)?

on 6/27/13, 12:49 PM

You have to put this in your action of your object ( View XML File).

Ghanshyam Prajapati
on 6/30/13, 2:27 AM
On 6/11/15, 2:50 AM

you can try my new module https://github.com/szufisher/web/tree/8.0/web_auto_refresh

On 7/4/14, 4:54 AM

this codes doesn't work on my system.. any other suggestion please...

On 6/10/14, 7:24 AM

Hi, Ghanshyam Prajapati 

I also looking for this solution as well, could you please advice a bit more in detail how to put this code to make message auto refresh.

try Scheduled Action in settings - configure your needs

on 6/10/14, 8:09 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 6/25/13, 10:35 AM
Seen: 3737 times
Last updated: 6/11/15, 2:50 AM