Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there job costing functionality?

By
mel
on 11/18/13, 7:47 PM 2,132 views

I need to track the profitability and costing of every project or job we enter. It is basically a profit and loss statement for each project. I did not find built in functionality so far. Can anyone advise what I can do?

Typically the report records the following:

Sales Invoice
(Less)
Material Purchase
Warehouse Material Issued
Labour timesheet
Expenses

kalmenchia
On 11/18/13, 8:11 PM

Hi ,

In openERP , we will use analytic accounting for this purpose , you can refer to many documentation to give you an idea of how to do it , but there is no fixed way of controlling such kind of process because every company has somehow different way to manage their costing.

one of the document that i found is useful is this link http://www.netcerto.eu/en/openerp-possibilities/analytic-accounting

hth.

Hi Chia, many thanks for the advice. I will be attempting to try it out. At first glance, I am wondering if it is the correct solution as I create as we create 10-20 projects a week. It is quite a high volume business. And further advice? Thanks. :)

mel
on 11/19/13, 12:46 PM
mel
On 11/26/13, 6:12 PM

I found this company called Pragmatic based out of India. pragtechblog.blogspot.sg

I am wondering if anyone here has used their module and product before?

Is there any other way to perform Job Costing without additional modules and yet can perform job tracking and costing elegantly? The Analytic Accounts is a functional possibility but its not an elegant solution and would require significant training for my staff to use the system properly. I require an "idiot-proof" system to create jobs, track costing and provide reports.

I guess no one has tried pragtech before?

mel
on 12/5/13, 6:25 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/18/13, 7:47 PM
Seen: 2132 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM